Monday 7 April 2014

The Lego Movie

The Lego Movie

Predicted Rating: 4.5 Stars

Directed by: Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Featuring the Voice Talents of: Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Will Ferrell, and Charlie Day.

Following in the footsteps of Battleship and Transformers, this movie sees the big screen adaption of everyone's favourite toy, Lego. Everything is awesome in the Lego world according to our main character, Emmet (Pratt). However, not  all is as it seems as Lord/President Business (Ferrell) is planning to destroy the world using a super weapon named The Kragle. It is up to Emmet to team up with favourites like Batman (Arnett) and Superman (Channing Tatum) to save the world.

This movie is completely bonkers, as a result I am going to write a completely bonkers review. You will have to pretend that this is a 10 year old kid saying this after watching the film. Oh my god I loved this movie so much Emmet was awesome he started singing at the start and I was like yeah this is awesome then he met this girl who was really pretty but had weird hair so I am not sure whether I like her but she seemed cool but then Emmet fell in a hole and I was like no but then he was ok then the weird girl rescued him from the bad cop who could also turn into a good cop by spinning his head and they went to the wild west which was pretty cool and then Batman turned up I love Batman and then they were like pew pew and shot at bad cop and then they met all the other builders like Superman Shaq and Milhouse! I loved this movie so much I want to watch it again! SPACESHIP!!!!!

The thing that makes good kids movies good is their ability to appeal to the adults that watch them. It is pretty easy to entertain kids during a movie but it is a much harder task to keep the parents entertained at the same time. The Lego Movie nails this right on the head. In fact the film does such a good job at appealing to everyone I am going to day it is not a kid's movie, it is a comedy that just happens to be rated G. It is a perfect example that you can make an unbelievably funny film without swearing, involving sex, or using gross out comedy.

My only criticism about this movie is why wasn't it released earlier. It has been out in the states for a very long time meaning I had to read about how good it was for ages before being able to see it. My disappointment was only compounded by the fact that there have been very few good movies come out so far this year and The Lego Movie was released the same day as Captain America. I managed to see both movies on the opening weekend but still, it would have been good to space them out.

Overall: Super funny and great fun for all ages. 5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment